Jesus wants the work to go forward and win thousands of souls to Him, so much more than we do. But He also allows us to be brought to trials to humble us and bring us to our knees, seeking His power to complete that which He has begun in our lives and even ministry. I have over the last few years found myself wondering often about the life of Jesus, while He was here upon the earth. When He asked His Father for something, did the Father do it? Yes, every time, because the Son always asked to glorify His Father’s name. Read aloud and listen to the promises which Christ Jesus has given to you and I:
1. “Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up His eyes . . . boldly to the throne of grace . . . and said, Father, I thank Thee that Thou hast heard Me. And I know that Thou hearest Me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe . . .” John 11:41-42
2. “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear” Isaiah 65:24
3. “Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him” Matthew 6:8
4. “Because I go to My Father . . . Whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified (honoured) in the Son. If ye ask anything in My name, I will do it” John 14:12-14
5. “But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind (spirits) and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the LORD.” James 1:5-7
6. “For without faith it is impossible to please Him (Jehovah, Yehuwah): for he that cometh to God must believe that He is (I AM THAT I AM), and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him” Hebrews 11:6
7. “Ask, and it shall be given you; Seek and ye shall find; Knock, and it shall be opened unto you . . . If ye then being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him?” Luke 11:9 & Matthew 7:7-11
8. “And He spake a parable unto them to this end (for this purpose), that men ought always to pray . . . without ceasing . . . and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet, because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the LORD said, Hear what the unjust judge saith? And shall not God avenge His own elect which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, When the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?” Luke 18:1-8
In the above verses, when the LORD tells us to Ask, Seek, and Knock . . . these Words in the original greek express persistence, perseverance, and diligence. Mrs. Ellen G. White spoke of this kind of Living Faith which refused to be turned away or denied; when she spoke of the “Kingdom of heaven suffering violence, and the violent taking it by force.”
That I May Know Him p.137, Ye Shall Receive Power p.27 & RH, February 9, 1897 para. 11
We must go boldly to the throne of grace, and press our cases and our petitions before Him. Not in our name, but in the Name above all names. We must ask in faith . . . Claiming by faith the merits (the worthiness and value) of His perfect righteous Life here on earth, and His shed blood upon Calvary was enough to purchase for us all the blessings of heaven. This is the faith which brings the Almighty Father glory and joy. When we will expect Him to do for us great and mighty things, because we have that much faith in the value of His Son’s infinite sacrifice!
May the LORD bless you abundantly in faith and His Word!
your friends and fellow servants,
Eric & Sarah Wilson – Isaiah-Ministries.org